My son surprises me every day with the things he says. When I was pregnant, over five years ago with him, I always pictured the wacky things boys do and how one day my son would be apart of it. I never thought about the crazy things that would randomly pop out of his mouth! Things that make me laugh, cringe, and often do the mommy double take. Here is my Billy Cosby’s “Kids Say The Darndest Things” list:
1. Mom, do you think if I was a dog I’d sniff butts all day long?
2. I’m not going to get married because if I did I’d have a boss of a wife like my dad does.
3. (Talking to his 8 month old brother) Lucas, I’m going to pull on your leg until you fall, but don’t worry…I’ll catch you.
4. Mom, come into the bathroom. I pooped and it looks like the letter “L”. It is so cool!
5. Grandma, you are the oldest person I know. You are almost 100, but don’t worry. You aren’t dying yet.
6. (Imagine this said very loud…..Extremely loud… in a playground) That boy over there looks like a girl! Do you think his parents know he is a boy?
7. I’m really worried. I saw an ant in the backyard. What if he gets his friends to surround the house and take it over? You better vacuum.
8. Mom, can you get me sugar, spice, and everything nice? I want to try to make a Power Puff Girl.
9. I can’t dance! If I shake too hard my brains might pop out!
10. If I eat that (the meatloaf I cooked) I’m pretty sure I’ll stop growing. I’m definitely sure.
- Navy Kids Say the Darndest Things (backonland.com)
- Kids say the darndest things (mychildrensaffairs.wordpress.com)