Max and I put together this easy Father’s Day craft!
Cardboard (I used the tops of pizza boxes)
Hot Glue Gun
Construction Paper (2 pieces)
Dad’s shoe (one you can easily clean paint off of)
You can use any color paint you want for this project. I used blue for Max’s foot and green for his dad’s shoe. You can also use any color construction paper you want. Just be sure the paint will show up on it.
1. Paint the bottom of your child’s foot. Place it in the middle of your construction paper horizontally.
2. Paint the top and bottom of dad’s shoe. I used his flip flop because was easy to clean.
1. Cut the cardboard into two pieces, both being the same size, approximately 1.5 inches bigger than the construction paper.
2. Cut the middle out of one, making a frame. The other piece will be the back of the frame.
1. Decorate your frame. I chose to do cup painting with white, orange, red, and yellow paint. You can choose different colors and paint however you like. You can also color the frame with makers or glue beads on it. If you do decide to use paint, use colors that look nice when blended together. You do not want your child to end up with a brown or black frame.
1. Once dry write on your foot painting with permanent marker.
Someday I Want To Walk In Your Shoes
2. Have your child write his own name on it.
3. With Elmer’s glue attach your foot painting to the middle of the whole piece of cardboard. Let dry.
4. With the hot glue gun attach the frame to the top of your picture, making sure not to cover the foot print or words. Do not get hot glue on the middle of the picture. It will stain.
- 6 homemade Father’s Day gift ideas (boyslife.org)
- Father’s Day Dry Erase Frame (ohshesartsy.wordpress.com)
- Flutter-by Father’s Day Craft (bloominlovely72.wordpress.com)
- Father’s Day Celebration Ideas for Kids (musthaidekhna.com)